Freedom

Freedom
Life is Short So Make Use of iT

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sabahans/Sarawakian are weak in english??


been in Kuala Lumpur for some Months now, and hell its like uhm, you know.. typical Stress City of S** HuHu..

The curfews were as usual.. as fuck as always. I have this 'DRAMA' which is a Normally for those "freshmen". Uhh, i don't want to say more cause it makes my brain itch.

My New Job were great. I enjoy Working and speak foreign languages as well as english. Anyway, there were this business people Approach me and my friends while Lepaking at KLCC this past few days promoting this so-called language kits to improve our english. They said if we buy this product, in 3 weeks we can speak like a native speaker. hahahaha.

I saw one of the businessman ask one of My Friends and shockingly he say this to him "i would say, your pronunciation is quite bad, but with this kit, there's no doubt that you'll speak like a native speaker in no time".

Seriously, for me.. I don't believe in such crap since they speak MALAY while promoting this stuff!! haha. How can they convince us that their pronunciations were as great as what they promised through that kit of theirs? Seriously. haha. YES, they did interviewed me too. A lady start to call me, "boy, sini kau.." haha. malay.

Then she started to ask me, "how many language can u speak toilet?". Then I said, "ce suo (as in mandarin), banyo (as in tagalog), toilette (as in french), toire (as in japan, and tandas (as in malay)". Then, shockingly, she said.. "no, no, no.. see how uneducated you are in english." . Seriously, i'm in the state of confusion. Then she said something in malay , "ape ayat lain yg u boleh sebut tandas selain dari TOILET in english?". haha. Then I was, "OHHHHHHHH. you mean like toilet / lavatory / bathroom / restroom / powder room / gents / ladies / loo / bog / dunny / little boys'/girls' room??". Then she was like, "yeahhh". then she went speechless for a while. haha.

She was totally so wrong when she said 'how many language'. I would ask, is it me or you who is uneducated? bitch. I was so pissed with that bitch. haha.

Since they heard me speaking in an american accent, they said this to me. American English is informal and we sound like a typical Malaysian when we spoke that way. haha. I know American English is informal, but when they said typical Malaysian?? uhh, they don't even sound like me when they try to speak english. She sounds more like someone who tries to put an accent in their malaysian accent english. LAME. totally lame. Then I did mentioned that Malaysian Education system is currently using British english and everyone knows that. But then, they object my statement once again. They said, Malaysian people mostly use the American english, the BROKEN ENGLISH. Isn't the broken english was supposed to be malaysian english? we knew that right.

They even asked me to say picturesque, bureau, lacroix and debris. And of course i can say them correctly. Then i tried to ask them what's the correct pronunciation for lingerie? ( I pretended not to know) And frustratingly, they say 'lin-je-ri'.. ouch, it was supposed to sound 'lan-ZHREE'. Then, i said, "OHHH, begitu pula KAK, thankiu lah." For motherfuckingsake, I think these stupid so-called business people should get an english class.

P/S: I remembered one of the say, "You Datang kat KL Kerja.. English EDUCATION 2 Penting Taw... Kite tengok banyak orang sabah/sarawak tak leh cakap english ngan betui."

To be fuckingly honest, I am offended.

2 comments:

  1. Is this really yours, Max? To tell you the truth, if this is really your real life experience dealing with sales people, it really kinda suck. Yeah, sales people they tend to say shitty stuffs and try to make others believe that their product is top class, when it is not, and most of the time they don't even use the product they are trying to sell.Hahahaha...On the notion that people from East Malaysia are bad in English, I guest the issue is much the same anywhere in a non-native English speaking country, where there are people with very well verse in the language, and the other way around. It's just that one should not put labels or stereotype others base on geographical inclination, right? Even though English is widely spoken in the Phillipines, doesn't mean that everyone there use the correct form of English. haha... nice one max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kam.. As long as you confident in your words there should't be any problems..Hahaha..Lama x Ajar Anak Murid Ak Nie..Sehat?

    ReplyDelete

FRIENDSHIP

FRIENDSHIP
PeRSaHaBaTaN YaNg SeJaTi aKaN MeMBaWa KeRiNDuaN YaNg aBaDi. SeSuNgGuHnYa PeRSaHaBaTaN iTu LeBiH uNgGuL DaRi PeRCiNTaaN, TaNPa PeRSaHaBaTaN PeRCiNTaaN aKaN BeRaKHiR TeTaPi TaNPa PeRCiNTaaN, PeRSaHaBaTaN BoLeH KeKaL. oLeH iTu HaRGaiLaH PeRSaHaBaTaN YaNg TeRJaLiN. HaNTaRLaH PeSaNaN iNi KePaDa oRaNg YaNg aNDa TiDaK aKaN LuPa DaN HaNTaRKaN JuGa KePaDa oRaNg YaNg MeNgHaNTaR PeSaNaN iNi JiKa aNDa MeNgHaRGai PeRSaHaBaTaNNya. iNi aDaLaH PeSaNaN PeNDeK uNTuK MeNyaTaKaN YaNg aNDa SeNTiaSa MeNgiNGaTiNya. KaLaU aNDa TiDaK MeNgHaNTaR PeSaNaN iNi, BeRMaKNa aNDa SuDaH MeLuPaKaN KaWaN-KaWaN aNDa. aMBiLLaH SeDiKiT MaSa uNTuK MeNgiNGaTi KaWaN-KaWaN yG SeNTiaSa MeMBeRi SoKoNgaN uNTuK aNDa..